Developing the Academic Literacy of Advanced EAL Learners Part 1 (CPD)
Session 1 Thursday 20th January 2022
Session 2 Tuesday 1st February 2022
This programme has been written by Hounslow Language Service, based on their ‘EAL in the Mainstream’ project which was run in partnership with Lampton School and Challenge Partners.
The original project was funded by Education Endowment Fund, Bell Foundation and Unbound Philanthropy.
The programme is aimed at Teaching Staff in all subject areas across Key Stages 2, 3 and 4.
The programme is designed to:
· Build teacher confidence in how language works, so that they can enable pupils to convey understanding and evaluation in their subject with detail and clarity.
· Equip teachers with tried and tested classroom strategies that can be easily adapted for everyday teaching and learning.
· Develop more fluent listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in ‘developing’ and ‘competent’ EAL pupils, with benefits to the whole class.
· EAL pupils, and others including Pupil Premium, will benefit from precise teaching and feedback to improve their language skills in key areas.
· Mainstream teachers will benefit from high quality training and improved language skills that will enable them to provide precise teaching and feedback, and improve literacy for all.
This event will take place 01/02/2022 at 1:00PM until 3:30PM
Available From: 17/01/2022
Available To: 31/01/2022
Seats Left: 30
Venue: Online via Zoom